Warden of Students – (re-advertised) 7 views
THE PAPUA NEW GUINEA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the University:
STUDENTS SUPPORT & FACILITIES CENTRE
Warden of Students – (re-advertised)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the health and well-being of the male students and the smooth running of the domestic side of school life.
- Supervising of room allocations for all male residential halls, including postgraduate dormitories
- Attend to all matters concerning the adequate housing of Students and control the management of these facilities
- Manage temporary accommodation of visitors in student residences
- Ensure that student residences are not occupied by unauthorized persons
- Report all maintenance need of the male student dormitories
- Ensure that all necessary maintenance and cleaning of students’ accommodation are speedily effected and facilities provided
- Assist the Dean of Students to enforce the student rules
- Oversee and supervise all cleaning work (including janitors) at the male dormitories
- Assist the Students Counselor in providing counseling services to male students as and when required, and provide report to the Counselor accordingly
- Attend to other duties as required by Deputy Registrar (SFC)
The successful candidate should:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Psychology.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience – 3 to 5 years of which should be within a University or similar educational Institution
- Possess the initiative, ability and knowledge of student welfare and attitudes
- Be honest and committed to work without compromising the university’s professional reputation
- Between the age range of 35 – 45 years
- Matured and able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to problems
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Empathy for students problems
- Must be prepared to work after hours and attend to urgent students need concerning accommodation
Condition of Service:
Warden of Students K28,425.00 – K39,953.00
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
Detailed applications should include the following documents;
- Signed cover letter,
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified academic transcripts,
- Names, addresses including email addresses, phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer if any.
This should be addressed to:
PNG University of Technology,
Private Mail Bag,
Closed Date is on the 9th April, 2021.
Please take note that ALL applications should be compiled and sent as one (1) PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.